Code of Ethics:
We, the employees of ETAL, are committed to upholding the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct. We agree to comply with both the spirit and the letter of this Code and to apply its principles in making decisions and in conducting our day-to-day business.
We pledge to:
- Accept responsibility in making professional decisions that safeguard public safety, health and welfare and to disclose potential hazards without delay.
- Avoid harming or injuring others, their property, reputation or employment through deceitful or malicious action and act to the best of our ability in order to undo or reduce the negative effects of any unintentional harm;
- Avoid all personal or business activities, including those of immediate family members, that could conflict with the interests of EGYTRANS or its customers;
- Be honest, trustworthy, accurate and realistic in making statements or estimates or giving professional advice based on the information at hand.
- Honor contracts, agreements and job responsibilities.
- Serve customers diligently and in good faith and ensure that the services we provide constitute a fair value for customers;
- Preserve and develop our professional competence and perform activities or services only if we are sufficiently qualified through training or experience or after disclosing any relevant limitations openly and fully.
- Conduct our business in an environmentally responsible, safe and sustainable manner and in compliance with applicable Egyptian and International quality, health and safety standards
- Accept and give sincere and constructive criticism, willingly acknowledge errors and take appropriate and prompt corrective or preventive action.
- Promote employment conditions that protect the rights and welfare of all EGYTRANS employees.
- Treat all people fairly and respectfully regardless of religion, ethnic origin, race, gender, age, disability or political orientation.
- Reject the offering or acceptance of bribes, gifts, personal commissions or other inducements leading to unfair or preferential treatment.
- Respect and protect property rights, including those related to intellectual property.
- Give proper credit for the ideas, contributions and efforts of others;
- Honor confidentiality and respect the privacy of others by preventing disclosure of individual or business data collected in the course of our dealings with customers and other stakeholders except if authorized by them or required by law.
- Practice fair and honorable competition and support participation in professional or industry associations.
- Promote sustainable development in all our activities.